Sunday, April 3, 2016

When having a special needs child doesn’t really feel like a blessing at all…

If I told you that every day I wake up, I think “Wow, my child is such a blessing” I’d also tell you that I’m a complete LIAR.
Full of Shit, bullshit liar.
Why??
Well, because that is NOT how it feels most days to be called a special needs mom.
Most days as a special needs parent I feel overworked, it feels “unfair” having been dealt this card, & I’m not even sure if I’m gonna survive the day!!!
But I suck it up & do it.
From the tragic hair pulling (being pulled by my child I might add, not me), to the goose bump, nails on a chalk board pinching blows I deal with on the daily
I do it. & I do it well.

This Journey can be a hard pill to swallow:

After all it’s not like I rubbed on a genie lamp & said “oh please your majesty, please! send me the special needs child of my dreams!”
Ummm no!
It’s just the way it is & even after 8 years my family & I are still learning to cope with it all.
Now before I hurt anyone’s feelings here or get people’s socks in a bunch, let me just say I can & AM only speaking from my own experience.
It’s a quite honest one & if anyone cares to challenge me to say this journey is a tray of cupcakes I might have to give them the “yeah, sure” look.

There’s tons of stuff I’ve learned & I do feel like my child is a miracle, however the reason for this post is to shed light on the fact that us special needs parents work damn hard & we have honest feelings.
Also having those feeling & moments is perfectly normal & NO ONE should feel shame if they feel as I do.

Even typical parents don’t like their kids every sec of every day. (I’m a typical mom too) so I know.

[INSERT BIG SIGH]

So Today I’m just throwing it out there. It was a tough one. It was a battle to brush the teeth, it was a battle to communicate with my non-verbal daughter, & I’m feeling sorry for us both today.

Guess tomorrow I’ll do better. It’s all I can do right?
Huggs to everyone struggling today. Sending you all the love & sunshine in the world

Sincerely,
A truly honest SN mom


No comments:

Post a Comment